RECOVERY MEANS EVERYONE
Hotel tax revenue is our city’s top single source of revenue. Hotel workers are essential to our community and our economic recovery. They’re key to our comeback but have been among the hardest-hit during COVID-19.
As tourism recovers, we need to ensure hospitality workers have the right to return to their job with the protections they need through a city ordinance that includes the following provisions:
- Right to return to work after layoff
- Worker retention after a hotel changes ownership
- Fair compensation for overly burdensome workloads
- Panic buttons and other protections against sexual assault
- Comprehensive training on COVID-19, threatening behavior, and more
Listen to stories from WeHo hotel workers, and support our campaign by sending a letter to the City Council urging them to support the ordinance and by sharing the message with your community!